Show reviews that mention
service claim warranty home choice repair problem home warranty unit contract
Filter review

What Their Customers Are Saying

?

All testimonials are provided and verified by Choice Home Warranty. Verified testimonials on Pissed Consumer is a paid feature of the platform.

What I like most about CHOICE

Choice Home Warranty
What I like most about CHOICE home warranty is that their response to claims is so fast. They get back to you and schedule a technician for your case within minutes. Their customers service agents are friendly and they do their best to handle or clear your claim. I have 15 contacts with them. Mohamed A

Excellent! Fast, easy, and convenient

Choice Home Warranty
Excellent! Fast, easy, and convenient. Request placed online and immediately receive a response. Within an hour a date and time was scheduled with a plumber. The plumber also gave us a call to confirm. The plumber was on time, courteous, and efficient. Great job all the way around! Chris F
Read

Having a home warranty is invaluable

Choice Home Warranty
Having a home warranty is invaluable. I have been a customer for a number of years. The service is always prompt & professional. Lawanda R

Dishwasher

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback and concerns to the Director of Customer Relations.
ID

The repair service came out to my home they took amount of pictures inside the dishwasher. It has no damage whatsoever.

The valve that sits on the floor of the dishwasher on the right corner is not working correctly. Its a $10. fix. There sending me a Lowes gift card for $246 to replace my dishwasher.

I would pay the $10 for the fix.

Does not cover system features that I have now. Maybe for another $300.

User's recommendation: I would be leery of that company.

Written policy on dishwasher

We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the determination of your claim. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and we take all feedback very seriously.
Choice Home Warranty provides home warranty service coverage on the systems and appliances listed as ‘INCLUDED’ under the terms of the User Agreement. We encourage all of our customers to review their coverage.
Preferred solution
Replacement of dishwasher. Spoke with Cassandre T regardin. g the outcome and I strongly disagree. Please look at my correspondence to Miyah S and/Cassendre T. I am very upset about this matter and would like to be compensated in some way.

Determined repairs not eligible. Would like to know the policy on dishwashers. You are telling me that repairs are not covered due to operation misuse.

Choice Home Warranty's reply to:

Not worth the money for lack of any real coverage

We regret to hear that you do not feel secure with our company. Choice Home Warranty can assure you that you have our policy for all of the right reasons. We cover most mechanical failures that happen due to normal wear and tear on the main systems, items and appliances in your home.
Choice Home Warranty encourage all of our customers to review their coverage.

Verified Reviewer

I hold a policy with Choice Home Warranty. My first claim with them is for a faulty hot water heater.

I placed the claim and was assigned a plumbing company: True Heart Plumbing came out. They told me the H/W tank was indeed about to fail due to age and rust in the bottom of the tank. They shared they would insist the unit be replaced along with all the adjacent piping due to obvious age related failure.

I received an email from Choice Home Warranty stating they were denying the claim because it had a faulty expansion tank; which was not covered.

I was able to file a quick dispute claim. This phone conversation took place several days later.

As is expected the claims adjusted was prepared to continue denying the claim. Completely ridiculous notion that the hot water tank itself was not covered-only other parts connected to it. I explained the ONLY reason hot water tanks fail is due to age and use of the tank itself; rarely, if ever to other parts connected to it fail. I told him Choice Home Warranty should REMOVE all coverage on hot water tanks because they are deceiving the consumer when they know the tank itself is not covered.

Stay away from this company. Their MO is clear: Deny all claims as a default strategy.

Then push back on all dispute claims as well. They should be class action law sued or at the very least have the US Government file fraud claims against them until they are pushed out of existence.

User's recommendation: DO NOT waste your money on this FAKE Home Owners Warranty. I wasted over $1200 for two years and received 0 back on first fully legitimate claim.

Sent wrong technician

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you had a less than satisfactory experience with us.
A onetime free service call fee has been placed onto your policy, in anticipation that your next experience with Choice Home Warranty meets your expectations.
Preferred solution
I would like choice home warranty to pay the service fee to have the electrical wire to the water heater replaced

usa plumbing repaired my water heater. And stated that an electrical wire needs to be replaced.

so I had make a NEW Claim and pay another $85 for an electrician to replace the wire leading to the water heater. But when the serviceman arrived, It was another plumber,He couldn't do anything.

I had to pay $85 again. CHW sent the wrong technician.

User's recommendation: Do not recommend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Choice Home Warranty's reply to:

Make claim for the air conditioning and make appointment to fixed it soon.

In a recent review of your claim, our records show that the technician was dispatched on the same day that the claim was made on June 9,2021.

Verified Reviewer

I have called choice home warranty since three days two fixed my air conditioning. This is Prakash Chimoriya and my Air Conditioning is not working since three days before.

Crap service

In a recent review of your claim, our records show that an appointment has been scheduled for Thursday May 27th, 2021 between the hours of 08:00 AM and 05:00 PM.
Preferred solution
i want my fridge replaced.

Verified Reviewer

My fridge kept Icing up, and my wife and I cleaned it out every month and cleaned the back. We made a claim on the 17 of May 2021, its now the 25th and my claim has not been fixed.

in fact my fridge died tonight and I have been on hold for a hr, 24/7 service my *** I want my fridge fixed or replaced due to your lack of commitment. This is only the second claim I have made with this company and I had problems with them on that claim as well.

User's recommendation: Never use this company.

Choice Home Warranty's reply to:

We're happy to hear you reached a resolution with Choice Home Warranty. Thank you for taking the time to update your review with details about your resolution.
Resolved
Product
Choice Home Warranty Warranty

Furnace

We regret to hear your frustration. We would like the opportunity to provide you with a satisfactory resolution for you. In efforts to assist, our Consumer Advocate will message you directly to further address your concerns.
Talk to representatives

I had a new furnane installed from you I believe it was appropriately last November. It has had a real loud whistle and i believed it to be normal however now that the A C is on it is a horrible noise.

Sound like a jet plane taking off. I believe this was an install problem. I cant find any paper work on the furnace installer.

I submitted a claim now with you but I need to talk with a representative. This should furnace should be under some kinda warranty.

Denial of Coverage

Dear Lynda Joyner,
We sincerely apologize that you have not been satisfied with our services. Our Consumer Advocate will contact you directly to provide further assistance.

Verified Reviewer

We filed a claim with Choice Home Warranty for the HVAC unit. Choice Home dispatched a technician on Monday.

He reported to me that both sides of the unit had a problem, condenser and the coil. CHW decided to replace the unit, but to only pay for the Air Handler, that we could have to pay for the condenser and all modifications, with an estimate of approximately $2100 cost to us. They said they would not pay for the condenser because it was not broken, so we would have to pay for all modifications because when one side is broken and other one was not broken, we are responsible. They pointed me to section C, part 10 of the contract dealing with AC.

I explained that was not what the technician had told me. He told me both sides were broken. And during the phone conversation with CHW, they read the notes to me from the technician that clearly stated both sides of the unit were broken, but CHW insisted, I was wrong and only one side was broken.

I then called BCA Climate (technician) and spoke with them again. Asked once again, what was broken on the system.

He stated he reported the compressor on the outside and the coil leak on the inside as the causes of the system not working. He said both problems had to be repaired for the system to work. I emailed CHW on Tuesday with this information, they again said the air handler was the only broken side, and we would have to pay for the outside unit.

Since I kept getting the same information back, which was their refusal to acknowledge the outside unit as being broken, I called today, Thursday, and asked for a new claims person to be assigned, hoping they would be willing to look at the technicians notes and acknowledge that both sides were broken.

When the new claims person called back an hour later, the entire story had changed. They acknowledged that both sides were broken, but they still would not cover the outside unit, because it was an internal failure, not mechanical, then pointed me to section 2a of the contract that states, All systems must become inoperative due to normal wear and tear.

I asked what about the condenser breaking was not normal wear and tear, but the only phrase the senior claims manager would repeat is an internal failure, not mechanical over and over and that CHW would not cover the condenser, that the decision had been made and would not change. I asked her to be more specific, but she kept repeating the same phrase, "an internal failure, not mechanical." I needed to have an adult conversation, but no luck. I then asked for someone else, above her, but she refused and said there was no one else. I asked if she owned the company.

She said no, but she would not let me talk to the owner or anyone else.

I asked how it wasn't normal wear and tear since the AC system was inspected for performance before we bought the home and has been covered by a home warranty since we bought the home. Above that, we pay a local company to service our systems two times a year, and we replace all filters the first of every month. So they refuse to replace our unit because they decided it was not broken due to normal wear and tear.

I reached out to the technician again today, Thursday, and asked him, as a licensed HVAC person, was there anything about what he saw that would be classified as anything other than normal wear and tear. He stated no, that in his professional opinion, that it was absolutely from normal usage.

I am frustrated that apparently CHW gets to decide to override the technicians professional opinion and randomly decide to refuse coverage on something because they don't want to pay for it.

I am filing a complaint with the State of Virginia as well as here and will be contacting my real estate agent, so they will no longer recommend this company! I have paid CHW over $2,000 for a long term warranty and after getting the premium, CHW does not want to pay for the very things, they say they will cover.

Bottom line, they are refusing to fulfill the contract. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

User's recommendation: Do not do business with this company!!!!!!!

Contact Choice Home Warranty Customer Service

Phone:
(888) 373-0969
Contact Choice Home Warranty Customer Service

Latest Question

How do I make payment on line. Don’t see anythingonhome page for it

Unreliable

In a recent review of your claim, our records show that an appointment has been scheduled for Wednesday April 28th, 2021 at 3:00 PM.
Service
Choice Home Warranty Homeowners Policy Claim
Preferred solution
i would like to know what the cancelation policy is and want to know why there is no easy way to contact you when a customer needs help after trying to contact the company that is supposed to come and never responds to calls

i filed a claim 4/22/2021 on line. i received a response that i had an appointment with a plumber on the 4/26 hours between 7a.m.

and 11a.m. if not available i should call the plumber and schedule a different time it was fine. at noon called no one had come was told they had not received the paperwork but someone would come sometime after 2 that afternoon, no one called back or came. i texted the number after 7p.m.

and asked for a call back or a text to let me know what was going on, again nothing. yesterday called and left a message on their machine at 10:30 a.m. asking again what was going on and to please either call or text me to let me know, again nothing. i am so tired of paying for choice to help and not getting anywhere.

i have a hot water heater that is sittin gin an inch of water in the pan and know i need a new hot water heater but because i guess it is sitting in a pan no one feels it necessary to come get this problem checked out. i am thinking calling a plumber and cancelling my home warranty may be the thing to do to keep my stress level at a managable rate

Need policy reinstated

ID

I understood my policy would be instated automaticly But I recieved a message saying it had been canceled.I was very happy with your service can you please get it reinstated?

Poor service

In a recent review of your claim, our records show that an appointment has been scheduled for Tuesday April 27th, 2021 between the hours of 11:00 AM and 03:00 PM.
$2000
Deliver product or service ordered

This person donated to support our platform. Learn more

Supporter

Verified Reviewer

I purchased a 3 year home warranty with this company based on their high rating. I am close to the end of the warranty period and won't extend it due to very poor respone and multiple repeat service call on various covered products.

the worst case was that it took 6 months to resolve a problem with my microwave oven. currently i have a plumbing issue that has been rescheduled 3 times so far and I still don't know if they will show up this time.

I have called them and they don't respond. this is the type of service they provide..

User's recommendation: don't use this service.

Choice Home Warranty's reply to:

Complaint on a plumber issues

Choice Home Warranty provides home warranty service coverage on the systems and appliances listed as ‘INCLUDED’ under the terms of the User Agreement sent to you at purchase. We encourage all of our customers to review their coverage.
Upon review of your specific claim, the failure that occurred to your unit, is not “Included” in accordance with the terms and conditions of our policy.
Although this type of failure wasn’t covered under our policy terms, this is only 1 out of the 15 systems and appliances in which we provide coverage.
Price reduction

Verified Reviewer

On the 19th of April I requested a plumber, they Gmail that CHW were diligently trying to find a plumber well I found on the plumber came out on Friday, April 23, 2021, to fix my plumbing. The plumber had to replace the valve and a fixture inside the toilet, well he had to write out a form telling what the problem was.

Well they rejected the plumber's form:

customer Service emailed a letter telling me they don't, cover rust and corrosion well the fill value on and off water valve. That's not fair to me.

CHW has replaced valve s in my house before I would like my reimbursement money back I played $675.00. My money back I will a find another Home Warranty.

User's recommendation: Make sure you don't let CHW try to pay you.

Choice Home Warranty's reply to:

CHW cannot assign me a plumber

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. In a recent review of your claim, our records show that an appointment has been scheduled for Wednesday April 28th, 2021 between the hours of 07:00 AM and 11:00 AM.

Verified Reviewer

I have been trying for 3 weeks to get a garbage disposal repair. They have been unable to provide me a contractor..CHW refused the diagnosis of a plumber I contacted...Supervisors are going by the scripts they are given, and have to ability to render proper customer service. No desire to resolve a problem, but only what is best for CHW.

User's recommendation: Look elsewhere for a warranty company.

Denied claim

To have my repair done

Verified Reviewer

Denied claim for AC been paying for years but there gonna not fix my unit but after reading reviews Im not shocked but Im not accepting this

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article