What Their Customers Are Saying

?

All testimonials are provided and verified by Choice Home Warranty. Verified testimonials on Pissed Consumer is a paid feature of the platform.

What I like most about CHOICE

Choice Home Warranty
What I like most about CHOICE home warranty is that their response to claims is so fast. They get back to you and schedule a technician for your case within minutes. Their customers service agents are friendly and they do their best to handle or clear your claim. I have 15 contacts with them. Mohamed A

Excellent! Fast, easy, and convenient

Choice Home Warranty
Excellent! Fast, easy, and convenient. Request placed online and immediately receive a response. Within an hour a date and time was scheduled with a plumber. The plumber also gave us a call to confirm. The plumber was on time, courteous, and efficient. Great job all the way around! Chris F
Read

Having a home warranty is invaluable

Choice Home Warranty
Having a home warranty is invaluable. I have been a customer for a number of years. The service is always prompt & professional. Lawanda R
Choice Home Warranty's reply to:

They do not honor their contracts.

In a recent review of your claim, our records show that we have provided you with a satisfactory resolution, in which we are glad to report that you have accepted.
Service
Ls Air Conditioning And Heating Customer Care

Update by user Jun 22, 2022

Has not been resolved

Original review posted by user Jun 22, 2022

Did not have any air conditioning repair in Charlotte advised to contact my own. They would reimburse. I followed instruction and now they refuse to reimburse .

User's recommendation: They are fraud . Do not get a contract with them.

Choice Home Warranty's reply to:

Slow response, employees barely speak english, refuse to cover issues

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback and concerns to the Director of Customer Relations.
ID

Constantly put on hold for extended amounts of time.

Tries to find reasons to not cover warranty.

Do not return calls.

Slow and sometimes no turnaround.

Can't understand representatives due to poor english speaking.

Contractor was hasseled trying to get authorization.

User's recommendation: Don't use this company. One of the worst.

Complaints

We regret to hear that you do not feel secure with our company. Choice Home Warranty can assure you that you have our policy for all of the right reasons. We cover most mechanical failures that happen due to normal wear and tear on the main systems, items and appliances in your home.
ID

This company will take your money every month but will not deliver. Please stay away from Choice Home Warranty and find some other company for your home needs

User's recommendation: Stay away.

Set up appointment and no one calls back. 770-547-****

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. We have shared your feedback and concerns to the Customer Relations Director who will review this matter and handle accordingly.
Deliver product or service ordered

I bought this warranty and the first time I ask for repairs was told it is reacurring and that is not so. denied the claim and appealed it and waiting on a response, meeting have been set up and verified and no one calls.

this is 2nd time. My policy is 11024****...

claim 15897****. you can either work with me or refund my money.

I am about to fill a claim with BBB.

Won’t respond

We strive to provide the best customer experience and regret to hear your dissatisfaction. Please send your policy/claim number to respond@choicehomewarranty.com as we would like to provide a satisfactory resolution for you. In the subject line, please advise “Pissed Consumer Reviewer”
ID

Wont respond or answer phone or customer line. Put on hold numerous times only for line to disconnect. The times I did get a live person they would transfer me to so-called proper department only to be disconnected.

User's recommendation: Don’t use this company.

Cancellation

ID

0 out of 10. On hold total time 5hrs 36 min.

For 3 calls. All calls disconnected by choice after waiting on hold.

Terrible Terrible company. Still attempting to cancel service.

User's recommendation: Don’t. Don’t. Don’t.

Dissatisfied with Service and Refund Policy

Verified Reviewer

3 weeks with unusable bathroom and solid waste coming up in tub and leaking from unit. 5 no show appointments and 8 phone calls later, I had a company come out that fixed the broken part within 45 minutes.

Now Choice Warranty is refusing to reimburse me because the company did not send a diagnostic report before repairing. Choice expected the company to take the system apart, find the problem, put the system back together, send a diagnostic report, wait 48 hours and then come back to take the system apart and repair. To top it off, I would still have waste in my tub and leaking on my floor. The sad thing is the company told me they refused to work with Choice due to previous interactions.

I asked for the contact information for the owner of the company and/or the Manager. I was told they do not have that information, so she can not provide it.

User's recommendation: If you want something fixed in a timely manner and your time not be waisted due to no show appointments, Choice Home Warranty is not the one for you.

Choice Home Warranty's reply to:

My new furnace they had installed by a suspect company just stopped working.

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the service provided by our technician. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Vendor Relations, who will review this matter accordingly.

Verified Reviewer

Contractor messy and unprofessional as so was the services from Choice Warranty. Had new furnace install , had problems since day one.

Last week it quick working. The contractor is saying its the thermostat, I'm told that any time you install a new furnace you install a new compatible thermostat which was not done. But before that , he said it wasn't working because a fuse had blown and then again because some wires were crossed.

Still, no working furnace. Thank you Choice warranty who call me 10 times a day asking me to renew.

User's recommendation: I would never recommend to anyone.

To discuss my service

Thank you for your feedback. Please find below all confirmed telephone numbers to reach Choice Home Warranty.
Service Department: (888) 373-7924
Home Warranty Sales
Consumer Sales: (800) 816-2688
Real Estate Sales: (888) 275-2980
Kind Regards,
CHW Team
ID

Every # you call is either a busy signal or # not in service ! Already a questionable company and process

Contact Choice Home Warranty Customer Service

Phone:
(888) 373-7924
Contact Choice Home Warranty Customer Service

Latest Question

How do I make payment on line. Don’t see anythingonhome page for it

Choice Home Warranty's reply to:

Ihad choive home warranty platinum plan

Choice Home Warranty - Ihad choive home warranty platinum plan

They repaired my dishwasher it need new water pump. later my microwave died, they would not replace it.

They claimed it wasn't cost effective. They cited a clause in the contract. They only allowed $95.00 as a replacement totalthese people are crooks

. it was an over the range type.

The sales-person said no age restriction

on appliances.. The Rep gave me a song and dance about they would do anything to resolve. But actually no they did not budge on replacing my microwave.They fixed the pilot light on my oven. I payed $499.00 for the plan plus 75.00 fee for each tech.

Next a small fan stopped working above dining room table and again they claimed not cost effective, they only allowed 75.00 for the fan. So No they lie to get you to buy the plan, choice Home warranty is a crooked business they dont do what they say, Don't trust them

User's recommendation: Choice home warranty is the worst they are crooks, liars ,nt to be trusted.

False advertising

Deliver product or service ordered

I'm very angry at the service I called to schedule an appointment to have my electricity checked my kids were at home they smelled electricity burning smell and half of my house was without power to my home I filed a claim it took 3 weeks to come out the electrician came out from HVAC in Chicago his named was Sam he wasn't in my house no time he said he filed a claim he didn't seem interested in fixing the problem all he cared about was the service fee for coming out my wiring to my house was left hanging out my wall I was told that they don't cover wires and that's a lie all this company is good only taking your monthly payment I bet if I was living in the suburbs I would have my home wiring fixed Don't use this company they are liars liars I reporting them to the better business. Stay clear of this company.

Choice Home Warranty's reply to:

I don't want others to have the same experience.

Preferred solution
Refund, an Apology, a new appliance, or an immediate FIX!

Verified Reviewer

I am at a loss of where to start as I don't want this review to go unread due to the length, so I want to keep it short. I feel it's very important buyers should be aware of this company and the frustration, time, and energy they may cause you, so I will bullet point the experience you should expect if you still choose to use their services after this list.

*TIME WASTED (I have spent about 36.5 hours on the phone with Choice Warranty for ONE appliance request, which is STILL pending a fix since November 2021)

*MONEY (Along with my time, went my money and not having this appliance in my home has to caused more money spend to complete this chore)

*FRUSTRATION (The hours spent going round and round with customer service agents and the techs who are supposedly working on a fix)

*LIES (From service dates, to costs, to what will and will not be done, it was all lies)

*NO COMMUNICATION (They do not let you know if, when, or what is going on with the tech or your work order)

Their motto should be... Choice Warranty - Using us would be a Bad Choice!

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE CHOICE WARRENTY!!

Choice Home Warranty's reply to:

SCAM COMPANY - Another reason why this company is being sued by States (not just people) across the County.

We regret to hear that you did not feel secure with our company. Choice Home Warranty can assure you that you had our policy for all of the right reasons. We cover most mechanical failures that happen due to normal wear and tear on the main systems, items and appliances in your home.

Update by user Apr 09, 2022

As per usual, choice home warrantyHasn't done anything except copy and paste a response that doesn't even address what I wrote. Scam

Original review posted by user Mar 10, 2022

They refused to repair an appliance they previously "fixed"

They cancelled my prepaid policy WITHOUT my permission - a blatant violation per their contract.

They lied to BBB and didn't refund ANYTHING. I had 2+years left on my policy.

SCAM!

You cannot review them on most sites.

They are deleted.

They pay people to leave false reviews.

They do not call back and lied in their notes that they did.

I recorded the calls i made to them. They cuss at you and hang up!

Look on FACEBOOK for pages of Consumers who have been scammed.

User's recommendation: RUN AWAY! Look at BBB - they are sued by state of AZ and have THOUSANDS of complaints.

Just Found Out Something Interesting

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. In efforts to proceed with the enhancement of our quality service, your feedback has been submitted to our Quality Assurance Team for review.
I am switching warranties from Consumer to Real Estate

Verified Reviewer

Apparently this company is divided in two. If you go directly to them they will give you want is called a consumer policy which gives you absolutely no one to contact and very rude case managers and customer service.

They give you what they want. I got 191 for an over the counter microwave and was told tough we give you wholesale go away. When I asked if I could escalate nope where do I send the check. I have since found out there is another policy call real estate and that is the one you want.

Talk to a real estate agent and go through their contact. Now you have a real human to help escalate. Needless to say I am swapping now and have a person I can call which will help.

This is crazy. The people that swarm you when you call their regular number tell you how great it is etc are imagine that not telling you the full truth.

I went back through my real estate agent who I also know through friends and she personally has them and did not have any of the experiences I have read here.

Get the real estate policy go through a real estate agent.

Of course I can say pay outs are smaller but the ridiculously low amount of 191 for a higher grade over the stove microwave is rediculous. You can't even buy a decent cheapy counter one for that.Real

User's recommendation: Real Estate Policy Only.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article